LuCynthia Jones: Steps-to-Home Housing Director
LuCynthia Jones has dedicated the last nineteen years of her professional career to serving families and individuals of Lucas County who have experienced a multitude of social and economic disadvantages.
After graduating from the University of Toledo, earning two Bachelor of Arts degrees in Sociology, cum laude, and Psychology, LuCynthia began her career in social services at the Lucas County Department of Job and Family Services (JFS). There she held positions in the family and fiscal departments.
After six and a half years of service at JFS, LuCynthia decided to pursue her graduate degree full-time at the University of Toledo. In 2007, she earned a Master of Public Administration and Graduate Certificate in Municipal Administration before joining FOCUS, Inc. (known today as Beach House, Inc. dba Leading Families Home-LFH) in the fall.
She has held and been promoted to several positions at Leading Families Home, including Permanent Supportive Housing Coordinator, Assistant Program Director, and Program Director. Currently she, is the new Steps-to-Home Housing Director.
During her tenure as the Program Director, LuCynthia led a team of highly skilled professionals through the complexities of working with families facing a range of barriers.
In addition, she:
- Collaborated with numerous community organizations with a similar mission in serving the social and economically disadvantaged population
- Assisted the organization through the CARF accreditation process
- Introduced a tenant education workshop, informational landlord e-newsletters and program participant newsletter
- Strengthened the relationships with the landlords through improved policy development and implementation procedures
- Increased the quality of engagement between case managers and program participants
- Participated on housing related committees in Lucas County including the Housing First Core Leadership Committee (now called No Barriers Housing) and the housing stability subcommittee
In 2018, LuCynthia earned the Certificate of Nonprofit Management from the Center for Nonprofit Resources. She served as a representative of Leading Families Home on the Pathway, Inc. Board of Directors from 2018-2020, and in December 2019, she became a Realtor®.
LuCynthia’s core competencies include:
- Analytical, creative, and forward thinker
- Policy development and implementation
- Leader with a great degree of interpersonal awareness and the ability to empower others to make confident decisions
- Excellent decision making and project management skills
- Skilled writer with great attention to detail.
When LuCynthia is not working at Leading Families Home or in real estate, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, designing jewelry, and being an active church member.
If you would like more information about the supportive housing programs at Leading Families Home, or if you wish to discuss a partnership opportunity, please send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.